Why Is There So Much Dust in My Home?
Too much dust in your home could be linked with your heating and air conditioning system.
Your heating and air conditioning system is not only linked to your home's temperature, but also to your home's indoor air quality and potential dust build-up.
Two main culprits that may be the reason you are experiencing a dust overload in your home are:
- Air Filters: Even if you are using air filters and changing them regularly, you could be using a brand that is too cheap or even the wrong kind. The cheapest air filters only trap the largest pieces of dust and do very little to help with your home's indoor air quality.
- Air Ducts: Your home's air ducts may need some maintenance and/or sealing. Up to 25-30% of your home's air can escape or simply not be moved as it should through your home due to gaps, holes, unsealed joints, and improper sealing. These leaks can draw and push out dust into your home's air.
Some steps you can take to help your dust problem are:
- Switch out the kind of air filters you are using.
- Have your air ducts checked and sealed properly.
- Install an air filtration system as they have the ability to remove over 99% of indoor air impurities.
- Consider having a home energy audit to find out where all your home's inefficiency areas are.
Regardless of whether or not you need air filters, air ductwork, an air filtration system, or a home energy audit, we've got you covered. Click this link to contact G&M Service today to get your heating and air conditioning system serviced, and get rid of all that dust.