What Are Some Tips to Stay Cool and Save Money This Summer?
Even during the hottest of days, it is possible for you to save money and keep cool this summer with these tips for energy efficiency.
Summer months make the temperatures soar and we all want to turn up the air conditioning full blast, but it is important to keep in mind the best strategies to stay cool while being mindful of energy efficiency. While we bring on the indoor shiver, we can unknowingly roast our bank accounts in the process. But don’t sweat it, there are some steps you can take to stay cool and save money this summer:
- Keep it cool with shade: Keeping your home shady will help keep your home’s temperatures down. Close blinds and curtains during the heat of the day.
- Utilize those ceiling fans: A ceiling fan helps circulate the air creating a wind-chill feeling making the room feel cooler—a counter-clockwise spin pushes the air down.
- Use a programmable thermostat: It doesn’t do you any cooling favors to drain energy by keeping it chilly when you’re not home. A programmable thermostat has the ability to adjust your home’s temperature according to when you’re home, when you’re sleeping, and when you’re out and about. Significant energy and savings are to be had with this kind of temperature control system.
- Seal your ductwork: Up to 30% of your home’s cool air can be lost via leaky ductwork. Sealing and insulating your ductwork can give you considerable savings.
- Change your filters: Nothing helps your air conditioning system run as efficiently as possible like keeping up with air filter changes.
The summer doesn’t have to roast you or your bank account if you keep a step ahead of the heat. Click this link to contact our friendly, energy efficiency experts at G & M Service today to stay cool without breaking the bank.