Is Green Energy Expensive for Me as a Homeowner?
Green energy may not be as expensive for homeowners as you might think.
Green energy has been in the limelight in recent years, and for good reason. Green energy significantly minimizes the negative impact of fossil fuels on the environment. However, most homeowners agree, the thought of making a big difference by utilizing green energy can be intimidating and confusing when it comes to understanding how it impacts your finances. It helps to understand how green energy works with your HVAC system to create savings in both energy and costs.
Some things to consider when it comes to the expense of green energy HVAC for your home are:
- Upfront costs may seem budge-stretching, but operating costs are considerably lower than conventional HVAC systems. Overtime, a sizeable part of your startup investment costs will be redeemed through utility savings.
- Federal tax credits are available for energy efficient home improvements, and may be a larger chunk of change than one might think—up to 30% credit based on the cost of the system bought and installed.
- With regular maintenance to your eco-friendly green HVAC system, not only will your systems run as efficiently as possible and keep your home’s utility expenses in check, but your systems have a much longer lifetime than traditional systems.
- Energy efficient HVAC systems also offer:
- Improved comfort levels in your home
- Considerably less operating costs
- Minimized system running noise
If you’re interested in geothermal energy a good place to start is getting a quote for your individual situation. Call our expert team at G & M Service today to begin your green energy money-saving journey at (919) 772-8820.